Farash Foundation Announces Grants
A $250,000 donation has been made by the Farash Foundation to local organizations supporting veterans.
Established in 1988 by Max and Marian Farash, the charitable foundation has donated millions of dollars to Monroe County and Ontario County non-profit organizations.
Recipients for 2012 are:
· Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School for a veterans spiritual care initiative.
· Compeer for supportive friendships and community integration for veterans with social emotional problems.
· EquiCenter, Inc. to implement the Strong Veteran Families Program: Therapeutic Support for Veterans and their Families.
· Hochstein School of Music & Dance for a music therapy program at the Canandaigua VA Medical Center.
· The Housing Council for veterans’ family programs.
· Loyola Recovery Foundation, Inc. for intervention, treatment, and long-term recovery programs.
· Nazareth College for a workshop series on “Coming Home from War.”
· Oasis Adaptive Sports for an adaptive sports program for returning veterans.
· Veterans Outreach Center, Inc. to support transitional services.
· Volunteer Legal Services Project of Monroe County, Inc. for pro bono legal services for senior veterans.
· YMCA of Greater Rochester for a Military Family Camp.