Police re-opened University Avenue in Rochester after a late morning haz-mat situation.
Emergency crews were called to the 100 block of University around 11 a.m. Thursday. Police say a garbage truck operator was overcome by fumes while making a pickup.
Fire investigators say a jar containing an unknown liquid broke, mixing with other trash causing a liquid gas in the air.
Police closed down traffic on University between Andrews Street and East Main Street.
A hazardous materials team wearing protective gear was called in to dispose of the unknown material.
Two people were transported to the hospital as a precaution.