Irondequoit town Democrats are again blasting GOP incumbent and current supervisor Mary Joyce D'Aurizio over development at the Medley Centre.
This as the town announced last week that some work would take place at the property in the coming days.
The town issued demolition permits for three abandoned buildings on the property.
Democratic supervisor challenger Adam Bello called the announcement a case of too little, too late saying the payment in lieu of taxes agreement required this demolition work be done more than four years ago.
Supervisor D'Aurizio said in a statement Friday that she stands firm in making sure developer Scott Congel keeps up his end of the PILOT program.
She had said the town wouldn't negotiate with Congel until demolition took place and she said she's pleased that some work gets underway Thursday.
Congel's proposed mixed used development at the troubled mall has long stalled with the private developer failing to invest $165 million dollars by this past April.