The Red Cross is assisting several people after a house fire in Rochester. It happened on Clifford Avenue around 5 a.m. Tuesday.
According to the Rochester Fire Department, the fire started on the second floor of 316 Clifford Avenue. When fire crews arrived, four adults and several children were already out of the house.
Firefighters said flames and smoke filled the second floor of the home. Four people had some smoke inhalation and were taken to the hospital to be checked out.
Investigators believe the fire started as a result of an electrical issue.
"According to the story from them, they had an electric cord feeding an air conditioner, it caught on fire, they got up, yelled and got everybody out of the house prior to our arrival," said Mike Dupra from the Rochester Fire Department.
Firefighters say there is significant smoke and water damage to the home.