Updated 01/30/2013 10:15 AM
Four Safe After Morning House Fire
Working smoke detectors get the credit for warning people in a Greece home of an early morning fire.
Firefighters said the flames started on the second floor of a home on Ballad Avenue just before 2 a.m. Wednesday.
They said the four people in the home were already outside thanks to those working smoke detectors. All four were taken to an area hospital for smoke inhalation.
Crews said it took about 30 minutes to get the fire under control.
Monroe County fire investigators believe a candle accidentally started the fire.